Access Spatial Data in the Precise Way it is Needed
FME gives unlimited flexibility to restructure, reformat and integrate different spatial and non-spatial data formats. With FME, it’s easier to solve data interoperability headaches with the formats, applications and environments you want to use. FME Desktop software cuts through repetitive, time-consuming conversion processes and complex data issues to help users get right at their data.
Use FME’s graphical authoring environment to transform data in unlimited ways. Drag and drop hundreds of powerful data readers, writers and transformers and efficiently configure workflows – no coding required.
Understand the structure of data before, after and during translation by inspecting its attributes and geometry in FME Data Inspector’s visual and interactive environment.
Top ten features and capabilities
- Intuitive transformation workflow authoring – Uses a no-code, drag-and-drop approach for efficient workflow configuration
- Unrivalled format support – Quick and easy data translation between many applications with readers and writers for over 325 data formats
- Advanced data reconfiguration – Straight conversion preserves data's rich details, transforming content and structure without writing a single line of code
What’s Great in FME Desktop 2015?
- New FME Workbench functionality – Display feature counts for unconnected ports and check them in the FME Data Inspector, restored drag and drop ArcGIS layers functionality and define database and web connections only once
- FME Workbench canvas enhancements – The new live feature counts gives users instant feedback while a workspace is running, re-added and improved the function for snapping objects to grids and guides and added horizontal resizing capability to feature types and transformers
- Faster authoring and runtime – Highlights include automatic schema writing and a tree-based history tool
- Changes to the FME Data Inspector – Added more options for background maps, including users’ own ArcGIS Online maps, as well as maps from Bing, Nokia HERE and Google Maps Engine via WMS